Thursday, January 14, 2010

Waiting

So tomorrow is the big day. I finally get to see the plastic surgeon. Hopefully he will be able to give me some reassuring news. Mom & Dad are taking me into the city & Rob will meet us there, since he is back at work. My appointment is for 11:45. I hope he won't be too backed up.

I had a new visiting nurse today, since my regular one is on vacation for a week. She took one look at my belly and said, "That's bad." Really? I didn't know that. She was nice though. She explained this device called a wound vac. She said the Dr would probably clean up and remove all the dead, black tissue and then sew me up with the wound vac in. It is a vacuum that is inserted into the wound to suck out anything bad in it. She said it helps the wound heal very quickly. I hope the doctor does something. I can't wait for this gaping hole to heal on it's own.

1 comment:

  1. When Leah and Micah were in the NICU at North Shore there was another mom (of twins) that had an infection in her c-section incision. The docs installed some device (she didn't name it but it sounds like this wound vac) that sucked out ugly looking stuff from her. It was about the size of a hard cover novel and she had it over her shoulder like a messenger bag. There was a tube that went from it under her shirt. She seemed fine with it and I think only had it a week or so and then she was healed and walking fine. Let's hope he does that or something that works even faster :)

    Good luck tomorrow! Try to post on your way home :)

    ReplyDelete