Saturday, January 16, 2010

All Cleaned Up

After waiting 2 1/2 hours for my appointment, I finally got to see the doctor. He was very optimistic about the mess on my belly & said is a common complication that can be easily fixed with no issue. He then kicked my mom & Rob out of the room. (They wanted to see this part.) He & the nurse cleaned up the belly & cut away all the bad & dead tissue. He then cauterized the gash which the nurse told me now looks like a large hole. She told me to try to not to look at it. The doctor said that the wound won't smell now, which I was glad to hear. The smell of dead skin on your own body is pretty gross. The doctor advised me that when he does stitch me up, my stomach is going to be even flatter since he had to cut so much tissue out. I have to go back to see the doctor on Thursday to either be sewn up or given a wound vac. Since I don't know the time yet, I am going to change my oncology appointment. One good thing about the surgery is my new breast looks beautiful & the doctor was very happy with the results. I am happy too.

After the appointment, I was feeling pretty good. The wound itself didn't smell & felt a little better. It was a long day though. Today, I am feeling a little anxious about the wound & showering. I don't know if I am going to be able to do it. Rob & Sean left to do errands & nurse will be here before they get back. So I don't know if I want to try and do it myself today.

The doctor did tell me I was allowed out in public places, so Rob said if I was up for it, we would go out for dinner & get me out of the house. Getting out of the house would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment