Monday, January 4, 2010

Problems Healing

I had my appointment with the plastic surgeon today. Since my surgeon is still on vacation, I saw one of his associates. She was very nice. She said the breast is healing beautifully, which we already knew. She examined my belly and was not happy with how it is healing. I have a 4-6 inch opening in my belly that is about 1/2 inch deep. She changed the dressing type and gave me stronger antibiotics. She also drew a line on my belly where it is red and if the new antibiotics do not shrink it or if it goes above the line tomorrow, I have to go back into the hospital for a few days of IV antibiotics. If everything looks OK at tomorrow's appointment, then I will see my plastic surgeon on the 15th and discuss whether to leave it heal or go in for out patient surgery to clean the opening and close it up.

We will know more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment