Saturday, February 20, 2010

Relaxing Day/Countdown

So I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure in a nice green for St. Paddy's Day.  I know it is still a few weeks away, but I probably won't get back before then.  Beside I probably don't want to risk infection by going after the chemo.

Rob took me and Sean out to dinner with the money he won from his football pool at work from the Superbowl.  We got hamburgers, fries and rings.  I got this awesome beer from Brooklyn Brewery called Brooklyn Local 2.  It was a yummy chocolate beer.  It went great with the burgers.  It actually came in a wine bottle with a cork.  I thought the guy brought the wrong stuff at first.  Since it was so large, Rob helped me finish it.

I also picked up my meds for my chemo on Monday.  I got a steroid I have to start on Sunday, Ativan to help me relax and sleep Sunday night, and compazine for nausea, if needed.  My appointment is at 9:30am on Monday.  I also have to go back on Tuesday for a Neulasta shot.  It is a red blood cell booster.

Belly is getting better.  It is getting easier to move.  I drove today to get my nails done.  When the chemo starts, I know it will take even longer to heal.  The stitches will probably be in for a few weeks.

Sean noticed Shirley, the wig, the other night and asked what it was.  I explained to him why I had it and that I was going to lose my hair from my special medicine.  He seemed ok with the explanation.  He said something again today when he saw it.  He said to Rob that it was for Mommy when she lost her hair.  We are trying to explain things to him as they come in the simplest of terms for him to understand.  He is handling it well.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. You will get through this. The anticipation is probably almost as bad as the chemo itself. Just try to take it a day at a time. And remember, Sean doesn't know what cancer is or what chemo is so using the words won't bother him. All he knows is what you tell him and how you say it.

    ReplyDelete