Friday, February 12, 2010

Follow-up With Plastic Surgeon

I had my follow-up appointment with the plastic surgeon to check my belly wound.   The nurse saw me today, since the doctor was in surgery. Two of the three areas that the doctor left open are now closed.  I have a 1 inch hole in the center that is still draining. It is also a little red, so they are changing me to a stronger antibiotic because of that and a low grade fever.  She was overall happy with the rest of the wound.  It still needs to be fully healed for me to start chemo.  I am going back next week to see her and then the doctor on the day of the chemo.  I am going to email her pics of the wound every day so they can keep an eye on it.  That made me feel a little better about the visiting nurse not coming everyday.

Tomorrow, my mom and sister are coming over to help me watch Sean, since Rob has to help out his mom.  My sister is bringing my little nephew too.  It will be a nice day and Sean will enjoy playing with his cousin.  He adores Liam.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Good news that two of the three areas are now healed and the remaining one is only an inch. You're getting there. It sounds like you are well on the way to being fully healed for the 22nd. Good luck with the new antibiotics. Hopefully you will tolerate them well. Have fun tomorrow - say hi.

    ReplyDelete