Friday, February 5, 2010

One of Those Days

I feel blah today. I guess I should expect to have some down days. It being so grey and cold out isn't helping. I hate being stuck in the house and still having this wound vacuum attached. I can leave, but I still don't have a lot of my strength back to do it by myself. I try to think only about today, but it's hard not to think about how much longer I have with treatments.

My mom made an appointment for me for Tuesday to get my hair cut short. My Mom and sister are coming with me. Then we are going to a wig shop to pick one out for me before I lose my hair. At least my health insurance is paying for a wig and there is no price limit, so I can get a very nice one.

Tomorrow, Rob and I decided to get a family portrait done. He wanted a nice one of the three of us and me with my long hair. I know hair grows back, but a nice portrait will be nice. Hopefully the snow won't be so bad. We have a morning appointment, then Sean can play in the snow in the afternoon.

I called the plastic surgeon to find out my surgery time and found out that they are going to do the closure in the office. I am so happy that I don't have it done in the hospital. He is still going to make me sleepy, so I don't have to know what he is doing. That will be nice. They are hopefully going to call soon with the day and time for next week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you'll have the pictures done - I can't wait to see them. Sorry for the blahs -- it is that kind of day, though. That's also great that the insurance will pay for a nice wig!

    My work schedule is so heavy right now; I feel bad, because I'd wanted to visit you. :( Hang in there -- you're doing great, even though it might not feel that way right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a yucky day. It was that kind of day though.
    Good luck with your haircut. Get a really sexy wig- something you always
    thought about but didn't do ;) good idea to get family shots done.
    This way you will have a nice one to smile at.

    ReplyDelete