Tuesday, February 16, 2010

All Sewn Up Again

I went to the plastic surgeon again today.  He decided to close up everything.  He said he wasn't surprised that a few stitches had opened.  He liked the progress of the areas that were closed.  It took about an hour to reclose the wound and he did a nice job.  I know, after the chemo is done, I might need some touch up work, but I still have to have my breasts finished also.  His objective today was to get it closed, even if it did not look pretty. The belly is a little sore from today's work, but I am still having a problem with one of the nerves that runs from the incision up my belly.  I don't know if I had mentioned it before, but is the source of most of my pain and lack of movement.  The right side of my belly burns from the nerve being oversensitive. Hopefully now that the wound is closed, the nerve can heal.  He is having me massage the areas 5 times a day to desensitize it.

I am also able to get rid of the visiting nurse.  She was coming every day while the wound was open and 3 times a week when Fred was attached.  I found out the other day that I was getting charged $40 co-pay on every visit.  The total bill is probably going to be about $1000...blech.  I am trying to work out a payment plan with them, since I am still unemployed.  The doctor said that I can email him a picture of the wound everyday so he can keep an eye on it instead of the visiting nurse for infection.  If any stitches open up or there are any problems, he will give me and Rob something easy to do so we don't have to get the nurse back.

The doctor gave the ok to start chemo on Monday.  He said even though I am closed, it will still take a long time for the wound to fully heal and to expect that.  Chemo delays healing.  I am glad thought I can finally get that started.  My chemo will be every 3 weeks and I will be having 4 treatments.

Tomorrow, I am getting my haircut finally.  I will post pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment