Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No More Fred

It was nice to finally get rid of Fred, the sucking wound vacuum. He did his job.  The plastic surgeon was happy with the healing so far.  His ideal situation would let it close on it's own to prevent infection, but he did not want me to delay chemo because of it.  I have to be healed to start chemo because chemo slows down healing.  It took about an hour to close the wound.  He cleaned the wound, numbed the area, sewed me up and left 3 openings for drainage.  I am limited on lifting and activity for several days, but he said my body will let me know when I can do more.  I am back on pain killers.  My belly is very sore and tight.  I got another tummy tuck from this procedure since so the wound was so wide.  I have to go back on antibiotics for 10 days again and the visiting nurse is still going to come 3 times a week to keep an eye on the healing.  I am going back to the plastic surgeon on Friday for them to check it as well.  He said that we will probably have to do some fixing of the wound after chemo, but I still have to have my breasts finished as well.  I knew that wasn't going to be done until after the chemo.  I can't wait for the belly & breast to be healed to see how my clothing will fit and maybe have to get some nice new clothing.  :)  At least I have something to look forward to after the chemo.

Rob will now be home tomorrow since daycare is going to be closed for the snow.  That will be helpful since I am having problems moving around again.  Hopefully, we will get some snow tonight so the boys can play in it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment