Monday, March 15, 2010

Half Way Done

I had my second chemo today.  It went well.  I have 2 more to go.  The nurses at the NYU Center are great.  They are very nice and efficient.  I also got a foot massage from a free masseuse.  I can get a neck or foot massage every time I go for chemo.  Nice perk.  Rob came with me and we were out of there by 1:15.  I am wearing the nice turban my mother made for me in my favorite color.



We then went over to the plastic surgeon for a wound check.  The nurse practitioner said it was looking good and in a few weeks, they might be able to sew the hole closed.  Hooray!

I also got a call from my GYN today.  My pap smear came back with some abnormal cells, but negative for HPV.  She thinks it might be from the chemo.  I hope so.  She wants me back for another one after the chemo is over in July.  I did learn that HPV test is also good for testing for cervical cancer and since that is negative, it is probably a good thing.  Also I am on chemo now, so if anything is wrong, hopefully the chemo will help it.  I also called the oncologist with the news.  I will see what she will want to do.  I did just talk to my cousin Windy and she said they told her aunt not to get one during chemo because of false positives.  So, I won't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment