Monday, March 8, 2010

Feeling Better

Sorry it has taken so long to post.  It's been a rough few weeks.  I was feeling fine after the chemo until the 3rd day and it was downhill from there.  I was very sore in my neck, head and throat, tired, my teeth hurt, nothing tasted good and it hurt to eat.  I was feeling better on Saturday (Day 6), but in the evening my stomach/IBS was a wreck and I had severe back cramps and that was bad until Tuesday.  I also got a rash on my hands.  Everything I got were side effects.  Now I know what to expect for next time.

My belly is doing good.  I got some of the stitches out last Monday and the rest of them today.  The nurse practitioner was very happy with how it is looking.  I still have a hole in my belly about 2 inches by 1/2 inch  wide by 1/2 inch deep.  She said it will probably take at least another month for it to heal.  I am happy with that especially with what it looked like before.

Saturday night my head was hurting.  I thought it was from dinner.  I realized Sunday morning my hair was starting to come out and that is why my head was hurting.  So since it is coming out so much, I decided to shave it off tonight.  Rob is going to do it and we are going to have Sean help so he doesn't wake up in the morning and get scared of my bald head.  We figured if he watched and we explained to him what was happening, it would be better for him.  I will get a fitting for the wig later this week.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Gail, I don't know you well, but we are thinking of you and praying for you.
    Nicci Ciccone (Tom's wife)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, when my mom had to be on chemo meds for her rheumatoid, she didn't want to eat either. Either Boost or Ensure will help keep you getting the nutrients and calories you need to fight this. She said most of them tasted awful, but over ice, the chocolate varieties weren't half bad after a while. Hang in there, sweetie. [[[hugs]]]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind yourself that you are one quarter of the way done with this already! You can do this.

    ReplyDelete